Sunday, March 30, 2008

I do NOT believe this!

Nicky went to bed tonight with no problem at about 8pm after a big day and a nice bath. He was in his zippered sleeper. I worked on my knitting project (which is kind of going better, but I think the pattern I picked might be too hard so I'm thinking of frogging it again) while Tom and I watched tv. We were just getting ready to put in a movie when I went to go to the bathroom and check on Nicky. He was sleeping so sweet, all curled up under his Elmo sheet with his binky. I almost walked out, but then I did a double take...was that his sleeper loose next to him? Is that a bare shoulder peeking out?

YES!

Somehow my little booger got OUT of his zippered sleeper AND diaper! He was wet, but no poop (thank goodness). So we picked up our naked slumbering boy and cleaned him up, put a diaper on him, and tucked him into the big bed in his room while we cleaned up the room. He was so sleepy and snuggled right in and fell asleep. Tom changed the crib sheets and I looked for another sleeper, but both zippered ones were dirty now and the one other one he had is probably in the laundry somewhere. So I went to re-sew the crotch shut on the buttondown one that he'd originally ripped open. It only took a little while for me to do it, I'd already had it in the den by my chair as a project to do. When I went in to get him in his newly sewn jammies I found Tom and Nicky snuggled up in the big bed sleeping. Too sweet. We put him in his jammies and I left the two of them to snuggle for a while.

So now he knows how to get the zippered sleepers off. This kid is just too darn smart! We'll see how long it takes for him to figure out the row of buttons on this one, or to rip out the stitches again.

--------------
To shift gears a moment...
Today we took Nicky out to the nature center here. There's an old farm at the center, and we spent all our time there. I remembered to take a photo at the start under a beautiful flowering tree. And I took one movie when Nicky was climbing the steps into the old farmhouse. The rest of the time I was too busy following Nicky around and showing him the animals and making sure he didn't grab a chicken. He had a good time. He got to meet a cow named Penny, several chickens and roosters, pigs, and some sheep. Nothing too close and personal though. We only stayed for about 45 minutes or so. It was hot out there today! We'll have to visit again sometime and also stop by to see the nature center part of the park.

4 comments:

Jessica McCoy said...

Thanks for checking in on me @ Teacher in Ramallah. I'm back in the U.S.--at least for now!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new movies, so precious! Missing you all bunches and bunches, too!
xxxoooMom/Grandmomma :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting up the beautiful pictures that JM took Easter weekend!
Love you guys and miss you too!
Aunt Liz

Anonymous said...

My nephew always had a way of getting out of those sleepers too! Kids are just too smart now-a-days. I don't think i was that smart back when I was young!