Monday, March 17, 2008

My baby is TWO!

Today, St. Patrick's Day, Nicky turned two years old. We sang Happy Birthday to him several times today. He likes that song very much and called it "Happy Day" at first, but now it's more like "Happy Day Day."

For our present for him today he got his first sheet set, an Elmo bed set, and Tom put it on his bed while I gave Nicky his bath. Tom shot this video of us putting him to bed. Yes, his hair was still a bit wet, but Nicky wanted to lie right down and didn't want to wait. He didn't even want music to go to sleep, just his binkies (notice he has one in his mouth, two in his hands, and there are probably another 2-4 of them right next to his pillow).



He had an actual birthday party on Saturday with his Grandparents from GA and his Aunt Jessie. Tom wasn't there for this one, but we had a nice dinner, a cake, and some presents. I took several videos of the presents, and his Grandpa from GA took video of the candle blowing. Here's that one:




(Hmm, it seems anytime I'm in a video I'm wearing my pj's...guess my secret is out! I only wear pajamas at home!)

Next weekend is his big Elmo party. His Nana, Grandmomma, Grandparents from FL, Aunt Liz, Aunt Jodi, Aunt Maryellen and Uncle Scot will all be here. We'll have his Easter Basket on Sunday morning, then church, then a cookout lunch and cake and presents. Nana's making an Elmo cake for him and we'll have red balloons everywhere. It should be a lot of fun!

And at this rate Nicky will start to wonder if he gets a birthday every day.

Two years old...hard to imagine where the time went, but I do have a WHOLE LOT of photos and movies that remind me of many of the steps along the way. I haven't put together a montage of his second year. I don't know if I will actually. But our screensaver on our computer shows random photos of him all the time, and it's just amazing how much he's grown.

From this on March 17, 2006:


To this on March 16, 2008:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you have to change your "Who am I" paragraph on the right side of your blog-because Nicky is TWO! Time must seem to really speed up once you become a parent. He is such a miracle! And you two are great parents...and I can't wait to see you all!
Love,
Aunt Liz

jodifur said...

Happy B-day. St. Patricks Day was Michael's due date, although he was born 2 days before.