Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day of Doctor's Appointments

I saw the pulmonologist on Monday. He wasn't convinced that my breathing issues were all asthma related. He thinks it's probably the combination of asthma, anemia and the twins pushing up on my lungs that are causing breathing to be difficult. He did give me an inhaled steroid to try out though. There are apparently two safe to prescribe during pregnancy, so he gave me two samples of one of those to try. He said it takes about a week to see a difference, so we'll see how it goes.

Today I have an OB appointment. We are also getting one of the "good" ultrasounds where a tech does the measurements and stuff. That comes first at 11am. Then we meet with the OB at noon.

It occurred to us yesterday that hey, Nicky IS four, so he needs his annual exam. Luckily I was able to call and get him in today too! His appointment is at 9:45am. It's in the same building as my appointments, and doing it today means that we won't have to take another day off work. Which is very good!

I was already planning to take the entire day off since we would have had to leave work after only an hour or so and then we'd probably have only 2 hours or so after the appointments. Plus I anticipate being exhausted after all the running (wheeling in my case though) around.

So a day full of appointments. I did give Nicky the heads up that he was going to the doctor in the morning and that they would look in his eyes, ears, nose and mouth and measure him and that he might get a "poker shot" (what Nicky calls injections). He didn't seem too phased at first, but right before bed he said he didn't want a shot. I told him I didn't know if he'd get one, but that if he was lucky enough to get one I'd make sure he got a good treat. He wanted to know what it would be, so I told him I'd take him to the dollar store and let him pick any one thing he wanted. He was pretty excited about that. We're also going to try to remember to take some bread for the ducks at the pond they have there. If I can hide them that would be another good after-shot treat.

I'll update later on the OB appointment. Hopefully we'll get pictures this time. It's been a while since we had images to upload of the babies. Oh, and I don't know yet if we'll have the results of the glucose tolerance test or titers I had done last week. It's been less than a week, so I'm kind of doubting it, but we'll see.

1 comments:

Twin Dude Mama said...

Good luck with your apointments today! I hope to see some good pics :)

And of course I forgot to ask about the CPAP machine and asthma when I talked to my peri yesterday. I'm ask her next time I see her...hopefully next week. Keep us posted on how well the steriods work.