Friday, August 03, 2007

Haven't fallen off the planet, just sick

Well it's three am on a weeknight, and I'm up. Can't lie down without coughing, so I might as well update everyone on what's up in Mottsville. I came down with a stupid cold last Sunday. Braved work Monday, stayed home in bed Tuesday and Wednesday, made it to work Thursday and now I can already tell I'm staying home Friday. Hopefully I'll be well by Monday and I can get back into the swing of things at work. I hate being sick.

But more than that, I hate NICKY being sick! Thursday morning at 5am I woke up and went to check on Nicky. He was soaking wet and running a fever. I got Tom up, changed Nicky while Tom changed his bedding and then we gave him some tylenol. He was so sleepy he went right back to sleep. He's running a temp on and off and has a runny nose, but hopefully he'll shake this faster than I am. And don't even get me started about Tom. I can't bear to think of him getting this too. I hate it when he's sick too. I feel so awful leaving him home to take care of Nicky and especially with how bad I felt Tuesday and Wednesday, I could NOT have been in charge of Nicky by myself in that condition. I don't think I have enough sick time to stay home anymore though, so hopefully Tom will beat out this germ and not come down with it too. So far so good.

Speaking of Tom though, his diploma finally came in the mail! It's official- he's a college graduate from the University of Florida with a bachelors in History! I'm so proud of him! This is something he worked so hard for! We'll have a nice dinner this weekend when my mom and sister come visit and next weekend too when his mom comes. This is the kind of thing that needs multiple celebrations. ;)

I miss taking movies of Nicky for you all! And photos too. I've got to do something about that camera! Grr! Nicky was being so cute at dinner Wednesday. Tom made burritos, and fixed one for Nicky. He held it and Nicky was taking bites out of it. Of course about halfway thru Nicky wanted to do it all himself and ended up with a big pile of burrito fillings in front of him while chewing on the tortilla, but he had a ball! He's really able to eat just about everything now I guess. His top four teeth are all coming in very nicely and they're huge compared to his two little bottom teeth. He's acting like he's getting more in any moment, but I don't see anything yet. I wonder how long the next ones will take to come in. He's already 16 months old and only has 6 teeth. Hopefully the old wives tale about "the slower the teeth come in the stronger they are" is true!

Well darn, here it is early in the morning, I'm completely exhausted and can't lie down to sleep! Guess I'll go sit in the recliner with some hot tea and tissues and try to read. It's better than watching TV anyway. I hate being sick!


Anonymous said...

So Sorry!!! We love you and will be looking forward to getting together another weekend soon. All of you sweet ones get a good rest this weekend and take special loving care of each other!xxxooo:)
Liz sees the dentist today--first time in a long, long time for her---so probably good idea for us not to bring our germs in the mix this weekend anyway.
Lots of Love to you all!
xxxoooMom/Grandmomma :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

How are you Sweet Ones doing today?

Sending you all bunches and bunches of Love!!!

xxxoooMom/Grandmomma :)