Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Forced Exercise

Sunday we moved all the furniture around and now the computers and the tv are in the den past the baby gate. Nicky's got the run of the living room and the hallway right now, and once we have his bedroom all safe for him he'll have the run of that room too. The living room is all nice, but the den is a wreck right now since we don't spend any time in there except after Nicky goes to bed. But it's nice to have some adult space in the house where we don't have to worry about Nicky getting hurt with anything.

Of course he's mad about not being able to go in there, and he's discovered a fun new game, throwing his toys through the baby gate into the den and into the kitchen with the dogs. The den doesn't bother me too much, but the kitchen is a problem since the dogs might chew up whatever gets thrown in there. We're working on "no." I think he knows what it means, but just doesn't really care at the moment. But we'll get there. Enough redirection and moving him away from the "no" thing and he'll get it...right?

Tom and I have enjoyed two evenings of playing EQ2 together so far. We have our little gnome characters: Missgnomer and Mistergnomer. We're clever like that. :)
I'll have to take a picture for you (since I can actually take a still shot of the game while I still CAN'T take a photo in real life. I miss my camera!!!)

This is a very tight two weeks until the end of the month, and so to save money I'm driving myself to work. Sigh. It's hotter than hell here and often rainy in the afternoons, but I have to save on gas and so I'm doing it. That means a 15 minute walk in the morning and another one in the afternoon. Ick. Too much like exercise! But yet better than taking the bus...which I might end up having to do if I can't make this 3/4 of a tank stretch till the 30th at least. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I would take the bus all the time if it was a straight shot, but there's an exchange downtown and I'm not a city-girl; I have no clue how to work the bus system. Shocking to some I'm sure. :)

Well I woke up an hour early today with a backache, but I have to work a desk shift today till 6pm so going in early wasn't going to help me leave any sooner today. Bummer. I've already painted my nails and blogged. Maybe I'll go eat some breakfast at a speed slower than "wolf" for a change.

0 comments: