Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Nicky's holding his own

Bottle that is! Yesterday he decided he could hold his own bottle thank you very much. He first did it in the car on the way to take me to work. Usually I hold it for him, but we were running late and I set his bottle down to put on my makeup. Well he must have really wanted his bottle because he picked it up and put it in all on his own! I guess he's probably been able to hold it for a while, but why try when mom and dad are all too willing to hold it for you? Later that night when I was giving him his last bottle of the day we got it on video. And then I just propped him up on the sofa all cozy and let him feed himself. He was very content and I snapped a few photos. Here's one:


He's growing up so fast!

Now today was our first Valentine's Day with Nicky. Tom came and picked me up and we had a romantic picnic in the park with Nicky. He loves the swings! He'd been here once before, but we didn't have the camera that time. This time we caught him on video! I'll get that uploaded today. We also played on the slide and he thought that was the coolest thing ever! It took both of us (one to hold him on the way down and one to catch him) so we couldn't videotape it. Just trust me when I say he was very cute about it.


Tom also got Nicky a card from the two of us and a Valentine's mylar balloon. He'd been eying the balloons at the store the other day so I thought that would be a fun thing for him to get. Tom also got me a card and a bunch of Reeces cups. I've been craving them like crazy! I've stashed them at work, so now I just have to try to hold off until I get the surgery done next week before I go crazy on them, although I admit I did have one today! YUMMY! No pain from it, so that was very nice too.

I'm a slacker (and never out on my own with money) so I didn't get Tom anything. I did send him an e-card today, but it's not the same. He on the other hand made a fabulous dinner for the two of us! We had tuna steaks, shrimp scampi and lobster tail! Holy cow! I'm sure that would have cost a TON at a restaurant, and it wouldn't have tasted nearly as good either. He's such a wonderful cook! Nicky had one little piece of tuna, but he was so tired from his big day at the park (and skipping his naps today) that he was wiped out and ready for bed early.

All in all a very nice Valentine's day here. I hope you all had a great day too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good job Tom!!! A Valentine picnic at the park---that is perfect!!!
Nicky really loves swinging in the fresh air doesn't he----what a wonderful little fellow he truly is..........can't wait to see you all!
Lots and lots of love
xxxoooMom/Grandmomma :) :) :)