Monday, November 21, 2005

A little research goes a long way

Well, within about 3 hours of that last post my bronchitis stuff was back full force. There were a few people at the Habitat for Humanity worksite (not students, but people with HFH) who were smoking and I was exposed again. I guess that's all it takes for me, especially since I was just starting to recover. Have I already expressed my, um, FRUSTRATION with smokers yet? I suppose so. For a refresher feel free to go back a few posts to my major rant.

Since I was in bed anyway, I had the laptop here on the ironing board by the bed and I spent the rest of the weekend researching secondhand smoke to see if I'm the only person affected by it so badly. Turns out I'm not!

So here for your reading pleasure I'm including links all about sidestream smoke and stuff. Hopefully you'll take a look and not be too upset or weirded out by how militant I'm going to be about keeping the baby (and myself) away from smoke. I hope I won't be obnoxious about it, but I will be militant about it.

Limiting Exposure to Secondhand Smoke
Secondhand Cigarette Smoke Worsens Symptoms In Children With Asthma
Cigarette smoke worsens respiratory infections in infants
Your Home:Secondhand Smoke
Secondhand smoke: Protect yourself from the dangers
Facts You Should Know About Second Hand Smoke
Secondhand Smoke - Risking Your Child's Life
Secondhand Smoke and Its Risk to Children
Ways to Reduce the Health Risks of Secondhand Smoke
What is Passive Smoking
Second Hand Smoke and Ill-Health: Allergies & Immunity
Passive Smoking During Pregnancy
Taking Action Against Secondhand Smoke Toolkit | TIPS
S.A.F.E./Stories
"What You Can Do About Secondhand Smoke"
"Fact Sheet: Respiratory Health Effects of Passive Smoking"
Secondhand Smoke: Irritating Annoyance or Serious Health Threat?
Myths and Truths of Secondhand Smoke
IAQ Fact Sheet: Environmental Tobacco Smoke
Secondhand Smoke: What It Is, How to Avoid It, Who's at Risk
Secondhand Smoke
Environmental Tobacco Smoke: A Hazard to Children

0 comments: