Friday, November 04, 2005

I'm the luckiest OB patient in the world!

I had another little ultrasound today! It was my regular monthly OB appointment. I think he was just curious as to whether he could see the choroid cysts on his machine or not. (He couldn't really see them.) I didn't get any pictures, I wasn't even supposed to get an ultrasound, but I got one anyway! That means I've had a total of 5! YAY me! I get another level 2 on the 15th, and then I finally get my "big" ultrasound (the one where they usually get to tell you the sex) on Dec. 6th. So I will get two more in the next month! HA! Am I lucky or what!
AND at both of the next ones I will get either a video or DVD of it! Three baby movies before Nicholas is even born! What a lucky duck I am!

Anyway, we're just as happy as can be about it. (In case you couldn't tell.) We haven't heard about the house financing yet. I called them this morning and they said they'd called in late yesterday and they were working on it right then. Hopefully we'll hear good news either today or Monday.

Abbey is doing pretty good. We took off her bandage last night and the incision looks pretty good. Not red or icky. Her leg is a bit swollen and somewhat splotchy, but I think that's all to be expected. Poor girl has to wear the elizabethan collar now to keep her from licking it though. I hate leaving her home with it on, but what else can you do? Hopefully she'll just lay down and sleep for the day. Tom's home with her a good bit of today working on his research paper, and I'm going home a little early today too. So it won't be too long. Her follow-up appointment is next Wednesday so we'll see what the doctor says then.

I think that's about it. We're actually staying home and relaxing this weekend. Maybe we'll head into Micanopy (you know, across the street) and see the art festival. I think it's this weekend. Maybe I'll even WALK there! HA!

I think I'll put a little plug in here for JM. She's my other mother-in-law (I know it, I'm just lucky!) and she does photography and photo restoration. You just have to see these cute pet photos she's been doing! Those puppies are sooo cute! AND she has a funny picture of Benjamin and a sweet Abbey photo too. I'm going to see if she'll do some maternity photos for me when I'm all big and about to pop! That will be fun! Especially since she's a digital guru who can make me look REALLY good! http://www.jmmott.com/

0 comments: