Friday, February 12, 2010

The Nursery: Renovation Days 3, 4 & 5

Yes, it is 5am. Not my usually blogging time, but I'm sick and can't sleep anyway so why not. Just caught Tom and Nicky's cold yesterday. I suppose I'm lucky to have made it so long without it, at least I will hopefully be better by Monday. For the record, coughing when pregnant sucks bad. Round ligament pain hurts.

Ok, so the renovation has been making progress daily. This is really great!

Day 3 The floor was completed:

Day 3

Day 3

Day 3

Day 4 The wiring was fixed. Now there is power in every wall. There had been originally, but they'd messed around with the wiring when they'd finished the room and installed a closet.

Day 4

Day 4

Day 5 The new windows went in! This makes me very happy. I was afraid this would be a bear of a job as the windows are kind of an odd size. But they were able to get some energy efficient vinyl windows, more expensive than aluminum (which is in the rest of the house) but more efficient and looks much nicer too. I think we'll have to invest in those for the rest of the house eventually. (If I can remember to keep the receipts then I should be able to use that as a deduction on next years taxes too.

Day 5

Day 5

Next is caulking around the windows inside and out and then either the new door or sheetrock. I'm not sure which happens first. Probably sheetrock. Oh, or maybe they'll fix that hole in the wall between the nursery and living room first. That would be nice. I think all in all while this will take longer than one week, it is moving along at a pace I can handle right now. Something new is getting done each day and that makes me happy.

Today the babies are 22 weeks old, and in one more week they'll be considered viable. It's still way way too early for them to arrive, but we're entering a new phase for sure. I'll have to get a new belly pic up for this week. Some days I feel and look so huge! Some days not as much. I think it must have to do with the way they are lying in there. Last night, Tom felt the babies kicking for the first time for certain. They're in there moving around! It's so wonderful to be able to feel them move. Maybe I won't feel that way after they get bigger, but right now it's a very reassuring and wondrous feeling.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The new windows look great! I had a nice visit with Dad yesterday. He bought me lunch at Chillies and then to see Avatar in 3-D in Lake Wales. Wow is all I can say. I want to take Mom and Jodi to see it while it is still in theaters! Of course I was thinking about how much more comfortable I would have been in my reclining couch at home with a pause button for bathroom breaks, IF I had a TV like yours! I'm slowly but surely caving in about that purchase. I hope you feel better soon!
Love You,
Aunt Liz

A Mother's Thoughts said...

That is so exciting!! It looks like a huge room! I can't wait to see updates. Good Luck.

Lynn