Friday, May 29, 2009

Go ahead, kick her when she's down

Hm, so you know that whole Rock Bottom post? Well, not even close.

Let's recap shall we?

Tom was sick for a whole week with a head cold/allergies/cough thing.

Friday before Memorial Day weekend (which was supposed to be Nicky and my chance to go on a vacation to see Grammie, Aunt Liz and Aunt Jodi): Nicky threw up all night long.

Saturday night, I start feeling crappy, hope it's just allergies.

Sunday I run a fever and feel worse. Seems maybe I caught Tom's cold.

Monday morning I wake up puking and have stomach flu all day.

Tuesday morning Tom wakes up and has stomach flu all day. I just start regaining my strength and being able to eat food again. Still have a cold though. Doctor says we just have a cold and a stomach flu that started going around last week and to push fluids and rest.

Wednesday I start running a fever again and feel horrible. My cold is now aggravating my asthma too. I call the doctor for a nebulizer since I had to return the last one. They never call back.

Thursday my voice goes and while I made it in to work for about 3 hours for a meeting I come back home early. Nicky comes home with a fever of 101. Tom's nausea comes back along with dizziness. I'd called the doctor again about the nebulizer, but again, no call back.

Friday my throat hurts so badly I can't talk at all without pain, my voice is just about completely gone and it hurts even with throat spray. Lucky me I still get to have a cough anyway. Need the damn nebulizer and seem to have possible strep along with laryngitis.

Come ON man! It was a ruined 3 day weekend AND both Tom and I have missed a 4 day work week too. Nicky made it to school Tuesday and Thursday, the only days that one of us was strong enough to drive, and he still managed to catch another bug.

We just booked our June Disney vacation for 3 days and I just hope we can all be well for that. I feel like at least one of us have been sick forever at this point!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Grief, dear ones!
I am so sorry you are having a bad time of it right now.
Love you bunches and bunches and sending lots of healing prayers to you all.
xxxoooMom/Grammie :)

Anonymous said...

UGH! Sounds terrible. But this is not rock bottom and you will make it through!!!!

When are you going to disney? We are planning a June trip as well. Maybe we will be there at the same time?

Gayle