Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just easing back in

It's tempting to just wait till I have time to sit down and catch up on everything that's happened over the last... weeks since I've posted here. But not only would that be a giant post, there is just no way I'll ever find the time.

So here we are. This week classes started. I'm in a holding pattern till financial aid comes in. The other two managers in my department are leaving and I'm at least temporarily trying to do three jobs simultaneously.

So just a little stressed right now.

Tonight I think was the first time since I've become a mother that I really felt like I am missing out on Nicky-time. He's growing so fast, talking up a storm, coming up with such funny stuff that he's learning at school. And I am feeling like I'm rushing rushing rushing and can't take a minute to just sit and BE with him, fully present, for a while.

And it's just going to get worse. Work is getting really overwhelming right now although I've promised myself that I will NOT stay late, come early or take work home. School is bound to get overwhelming pretty quickly, and since I don't have any time other than evenings and weekends to do that work, that seems to inevitably take me away from Nicky.

I am trying to do some stuff for myself. I started Weight Watchers this past weekend with Tom's mom. And while it's ostensibly to help her, it's really something I'm doing for me that will also help her. That's time and money committed to myself. (Although not much fun I'll tell ya!) I plan on taking the long weekend coming up to visit my mom and sister with Nicky, and I will not be taking a lick of homework with me! That should be really nice. And I'm going tomorrow night for a new sleep study to get my sleep apnea back under control. Maybe that's part of the problem. I know my cpap machine isn't working right for me. Maybe my exhaustion and stress is partly from not sleeping well. If so, hopefully getting retested will help a lot.

Anyway, I'm alive, as are all the family, and we're doing just fine. The tomato plant is taking over the entire container garden we planted at Easter. We took a really lovely trip up to north GA finally! And that was really a wonderful get-away for us. I got to see family I haven't seen in years, and also got to meet new family. And Nicky got to feed chickens. He had a ball with that. I have photos on the camera that I'll post eventually of that.

Now if I can just not wait 3 weeks between posts we'll do alright.

2 comments:

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Wow, busy is right! Hopefully things will ease up at work, you'll start sleeping better with a new machine, and the WW won't kill you. One time when I did WW, I lost 40 ppounds! So great... then I gained a million with pregnacy and NEVER lost any... even though I rejoined WW 3 times in the past 3 years. Now here I am pregnant again and spiraling out of control! Anyway, I'd love any tips or recipes that you find to work for you. Do share! :) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you and Nicky soon!
So happy you are taking the initiative to better care for yourself during this extremely hard- at-work , graduate study and mothering/wife time. "Wow"!--:o !
Looking forward to seeing your pics and movie posts------but, I know you are busy now so I will wait very, very patiently----cause I love you!!!
xxxoooMom/Grammie :):):)