Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dieting, Celebrating and Frustration (all unrelated to each other)

Well, nearly a week has gone by and I have to say I think I'm doing pretty well on the WeightWatchers thing so far. I'm not always drinking enough, but I'm sticking to the right number of points (although possibly some days not eating quite enough of them, but I'm working on that). We'll have to see what the scale says this Saturday.

Saturday afternoon I'm taking Nicky with me to a celebration for a former coworker whose adoption of two children has just been finalized recently. I can't wait to see her and meet her children. I'm not 100% sure of their ages, but I believe they're older (between 2-6 I want to say) so I'm not sure what to bring as gifts. Nothing was indicated in the invitation about gifts, but I'm thinking something is called for for this momentous occasion! I'll have to do some shopping that morning after the WW meeting.

I had my sleep study last night and it was miserable! My problem is that I've started snoring (and thus not breathing) while WEARING my mask. I did get a new mask that doesn't leak and it's not as bad, but I'm still snoring.

But the sleep techs said since my original study was in 2005 I should do another split-night study. I didn't think that sounded too bad, so I didn't put up a fight about it. But trying to fall asleep hooked up in that whole apparatus with goop, tape, wires and belts made it so hard to sleep. Add in that I didn't have my mask on, which I've slept with nearly every night and nap for almost 4 years...

Well let's just say it was probably 3:30 before I really fell asleep. And then it seemed I woke up from not breathing every few minutes for the rest of the night. It was horrible! But since they didn't "catch" me not breathing until after 2am, they did the whole night without the mask.

So great. They've proven that I have sleep apnea. WE KNEW THIS ALREADY PEOPLE! Garg!

So today I'm completely wiped out, at an all day computer training (desperately trying not to doze off), and will have to go BACK again sometime to get the actual titration done to see if my machine is broken or if my pressure needs have increased.

I'd scream if I wasn't so damn tired.

They wouldn't share any information with me this morning at the sleep lab, and said it would be 3-5 business days before my doctor had the results. Perfect.

Anyone know how to increase your own pressure? Cause I'm seriously considering this.

Update: Ok, so thank goodness the sleep lab got the results to my doctor today and he immediately said to reschedule a sleep study WITH the cpap machine ON. They called to schedule it today. The bad news is that the earliest appointment is June 3rd.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your discomfort today, Sweetie.
I would wait until the doctor can give you the correct pressure though.
My love and prayers are with you today and always,
xxxoooMom :)