Friday, September 30, 2005

You are NOT going to believe THIS!

Ok, so I go to my OB today and my weight is good. I'm at 276 which is one pound above where I started. Excellent. My blood pressure was 100 / 72 which is phenomenal! I gave my doctor copies of my two data sheets that I keep. One is on my asthma monitoring of my lung capacity that I monitor twice a day with a flow meter and I track all my symptoms. The other is a med sheet that lists all my meds I take each day and I cross them off as I take them. He was VERY impressed and he and Tom laughed about how I apparently will always be a teacher at heart and make cute charts for everything!

So then he steps out in the hall and wheels in the ultrasound machine!!!! I was sooo excited! Tom laughed and told the doctor that he'd just made my whole day. He said he had to reward me for keeping such good data. LOL! Well guess who will be getting all sorts of charts at each visit now?! Hey, positive reinforcement WORKS on me!

So anyway, instead of listening for the heartbeat with the doppler (we had the recorder with us, ready to go!) we got to get another ultrasound. I'll stick a link in below as soon as I get them up on the page, but they really aren't very good. This was the first time they got to do the external ultrasound since now the baby is big enough to be in my tummy. And the baby was moving around so much it was practically impossible to even get a good photo. Plus he/she is so much bigger now! Anyway it was wonderful to see the baby moving all around in there. We saw him/her holding out his/her hands in front of his/her face and just wiggling around. He said the placenta looked very thick and good although he didn't evaluate it for position yet.

My next one will be in 5 weeks on November 4th. That will be the one where we might be able to see if it's a boy or a girl! Very exciting!!

I'm just on cloud nine today! Quite a contrast from last night huh ;)

Ok, here's the link to the baby pictures page.

IF YOU'RE here from Fertility Friend, thank you for coming by! NOW CLICK HERE TO JOIN US OVER ON THE FREEDOM BOARD! ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie! Great to talk with you this morning after your appt. I just read your blog entry and can see you are really very excited by the whole process, aren't you! :) Well, it is certainly an exciting special time for you right now, so full of hope and wonder. Your exsuberance is well received by all of us who love you so greatly and are looking forward with so much hope and happiness to our already loved and cherished new family member.
By the way! great blood pressure keep up the good routines.
xxoo:)
Mom