Thursday, September 08, 2005

Ok! Ok! I'll update!

Whew! Mom sure notices when I don't update the blog for a few days! Thanks Mom!

I really do want to keep this up to date, so let me see, basically I've been doing pretty well since the ultrasound. I've pushed my new pictures on just about everyone including waitresses and checkout clerks, and perfect strangers. (Actually it's Tom's fault, he was taking them everywhere for a few days.) We're thrilled with them, and now it seems like forever before the next one. (Sept. 30th)

Work is going just fine. We're very busy of course. Sometimes I think I may have marketed the service too well! But it's all working out and the faculty and students seem pretty happy. I still love it!

I have been being careful not to let myself get sucked into all the media reports about New Orleans and others affected by the hurricane (and our leaderships ineptitude) since it seems to set off my crying and then my asthma. From the little I've seen I am so shocked, horrified, dismayed, disgusted by the way this has been handled by our government. All I can do right now is hope that all the money, supplies and help pouring in from the common people of the US (and the world) are going to make to those who so desperately need it. And I'm not even going to get into what I'm hoping will happen to those responsible for the bungling of the rescue efforts. (Of course I ultimately blame Bush, but that's probably not a surprise to anyone who has known me for any amount of time.)

Oy! Let's try not to wax political on here. This is supposed to be about me, Tom and the baby. I've been trying to pick out nursery stuff, designs & themes and such. There is so much out there! And from what I'm reading about breastfeeding it sounds like our baby won't really be spending much time in the nursery for the first year anyway! I think we've settled on an animal theme, probably mostly african animals using Brandee Danielle's design "African Plains" for the bedding. I think going with something simple for the bedding will allow for more accessories and wall art. This theme would work for a boy or a girl, but if we do find out it is for sure a girl I might go for more of a garden theme with flowers, butterflies and insects. Not sure yet though. The neat thing about that would be JM does beautiful photographs and digital paintings of flowers and butterflies, Donna can do all sorts of painting and mural work on just about anything, and Liz & Mom are doing all sorts of the Whimsey Glen stuff with flower fairies and such. We could really tap into everyone's creativity with a garden room! But maybe not for a boy... sigh. The 20 week ultrasound feels like it's a year away! (Only 9 weeks really, but still!)

So there's the update. It turned out way longer than I thought. I can just talk (or type) forever if you let me!

And by the way, I'm 11 weeks along today! 29 weeks to go!

One more thing! I just found out I can set up word verification for the comments. This will hopefully cut down on the spam comments, so that its only you guys that can post! It should be pretty easy, there will be a word in funky font for you to translate and then it will let you post. If it's screwy and a pain, email me and let me know and I'll take it off. Death to spam!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
I just wrote you a long note but it didn't show up. So I will try it again.
I looked up the African Plains design on the internet and I love it!
So happy to know you are doing so well and are now 11 weeks along too.
Want you to focus on happy things like the nursery decor and let the rest of us worry about the hurricane etc.
Hope we can get up to see you very soon now. Love you lots xxoo:) Mom