Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Getting along swimmingly

Everything is fine here. Still not eating as well as I should, because I just can't face vegetables much lately. Except peas. Peas are good. Mostly though it's been chicken fingers and sour cream. Or bacon and sour cream. Or fries and sour cream... there's a theme here I think.

Yesterday Tom took me to the store again. I was only able to get red seedless grapes (andI've eaten almost all of them today), pepperoni pizza, cottage cheese and shredded cheese. Would have gotten sour cream but I think I have enough to last another day or two. ;)

You should have seen me though, when I walked past the fish section of the meat department I was overwhelmed by the smell and ended up running up the nearest aisle waving both hands in front of my face saying "eeeaaaagggghhh!!!!" It was pretty funny in retrospect. That smell kept me out of a few aisles though. Powerful stuff!

I'm getting back on the calcium supplements though. I just don't think I'm getting enough on a daily basis with the sour cream and cottage cheese. They aren't as high in calcium as I'd hoped. I do have milk, for a while it was daily, but not lately. So back to the pills. I did manage to find some calcium liqui-gels though so those should be easier to swallow than the giant pieces of chalk I had before.

Guess that's about it. Mostly I'm sitting on my hands trying to wait for the next ultrasound. I hear some women rent a fetal doppler so they can hear the heartbeat whenever they want. That's sounding like an idea about now. It's about 25$ a month though and I'm sure I have better things to spend that on. (Like the first maternity bra I'm expecting in a few days. ;)

Have a wonderful week guys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie---don't worry about the calcium right now. You are probably getting enough. I would talk to the doctor before taking supplements at this point. Just stick to healthy whole foods as much as possible and maybe have one serving of vanilla ice cream daily at night and one yogurt container during the day as a snack would be good. Also get a few minutes of sun daily. That can really be just walking from the parking lot to your car in the sunshine.
When I carried you I could not eat fish or smell it----steak was what I think I craved the most. With Liz I think it was anything but meat and Jessie I ate carefully and no sugar passed my lips at all. All of you turned out just fine , so don't worry. Take the time each night to meditate and ask your body to tell you what it needs and wants --and you will probably dream the answer. We all are connected to infinite universal knowledge especially during sleeping time. So try it and see what you come up with, ok.
I love and miss you greatly.
xxoo:) Mom

Anonymous said...

I am the Walrus. You are the Carpenter. I shall come to you as a dream and together we shall fish for blue berries. Blue is the color of the ocean and your eyes... Coincedence? I think NOT!

love you!

Me