Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving

It's tomorrow! Can you believe it's finally here? I'm so excited to have Nicky's first Thanksgiving!

Last weekend I took Friday and Monday off to give me a 4 day weekend. Nicky and I drove to mom, Liz and Jodi's house for a visit. ALL BY OURSELVES! Whew! That's the longest I've ever been anywhere with just me and Nicky. AND I've only driven with him in the car about 2x before this. Usually Tom's driving and I'm in the backseat so I was a little nervous about driving with him back there all alone. We made it though. Each way took us about 5 hours. I had to stop midway to give him a bottle both times too. But we made it safe and sound.

We had a great visit with everyone. Jodi was really great with Nicky! He just loved playing with her. Liz was just so happy to have him around to cuddle with, and she really enjoyed showing him off to everyone at her work. Mom was just in Nicky-heaven and got lots of cuddle time with the boy. I think she really enjoyed watching him play and reading to him, and showing him off to all the people at her church on Sunday.

I tried to take lots of pictures. I put several in the November folder (click Nicky's Photos on the right) for everyone to enjoy. I have lots more, but mostly we were in our PJs so I think those will just have to stay with me. ;)

Yesterday after work Nicky was dressed so cute in his little courderoy outfit. I tried to get Tom to take a picture of Nicky and I in front of the house but Nicky was hungry and distracted and Tom was having camera issues. Aw well. At least you can see the pretty shawl and scarf I crocheted for myself last winter. I made it extra big to cover my pg tummy last year, but it's a great shawl!

So anyway, we're getting all ready for Thanksgiving. Hopefully we'll soon be setting up a Christmas tree too! It's been so long since I've decorated for Christmas! I'll have to try to find all my decorations! And I've got to make Nicky a stocking! Looks like it's going to be a busy few weeks coming up!

Happy Holidays!

0 comments: