Friday, September 05, 2008

Cool Web Feature of the Day: Wordle

This is a neat little tool. You may have seen tag clouds before. In fact on the right side of my blog is a tag cloud that shows my del.ici.ous bookmarks this way. Basically it's a representation of information where the size of each word is related to how many occurrences of that word there are in a set of information.

Well, Wordle is a free online tool that allows you to input text and then see a word cloud made from that information.

I saw these this morning on Tongue and Groove. She'd entered in the candidates' convention speeches. I think they're worth looking at.

Then just for fun I made one of my blog's latest posts:

Then, I tried to think of a few really good speeches. Here are the ones I thought of first:

Martin Luther King's I have a dream
Wordle image

Brown v Board of Education Decision 1954
Wordle image

Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address
Wordle image

Sojourner Truth's Ain't I a Woman
Wordle image

Susan B. Anthony's 1853 speech after being arrested for voting in the presidential election of 1852
Wordle image

This is a pretty cool tool!

0 comments: