Thursday, May 01, 2008

He did it again

Nicky slept in the big bed again last night. We watched Monster's Inc. again last night and then he went right to sleep in the big bed and stayed there till about 7:30am. I'm amazed!

Now I just hope this "stimulus money" comes soon so we can buy a daybed for the den. Otherwise sleeping arrangements are going to start getting interesting.

Oh, AND we had another peepee in the potty last night! He does get an M&M for going in the potty, but mostly I think he just likes the praise and excitement.

So twice in one week for both the big bed and the potty. He's growing up so fast!

---------------
On a funny note though, this morning while I was having a quick breakfast, Nicky pulled his chair up to the table and climbed up. I gave him some raisins which he enjoyed, and then I gave him a "BIG raisin" (which was actually a dried, pitted prune). He took it and held it in his hand. He looked at it, then at me, and then the following exchange took place:

Nicky: "Poop?"

Me: "No, it's a big raisin! It's yummy!"

Nicky: "Poop."

Me: "It's yummy. Aren't you going to eat it?"

Nicky: "No. Poop!" And he gave it to me. So I ate it.

Me: "Yummy!"

Nicky: "Poop!"

(Ok, so I imagine Nicky's part of our conversations will be more interesting as he gets a little older.)

Here, let me distract you with a video of him running around in the yard:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL about the BIG raisin! That's so funny!!! When he's older he'll tell you "GROSS Mom!" and pretend he doesn't know you in front of his friends.

We all did that to our parents.. our turn soon.. ;)

Kristi said...

You know, prunes do sort of resemble poop. I'm on Team Nicky. Congrats on the big bed and potty successes!

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

I just watched the video! Too cute! Fischer's into beeps too! By the way, I couldn't get Fisch to eat a prune by calling it a "giant raisin" either. He said it was "too yucky!" Too bad that I bought a Costco sized bag of them - now I have to eat them! And let's be honest, they have a weird texture and really are not that tasty!