Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Found a lump

I found a lump in my left breast Monday morning.

I have an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner today at 4pm. I'm worried as it felt hard and I'd been having little stabbing pains in that area for months. Hopefully they'll order a mammogram. I'm "young" for one I guess, but my mother and both her sisters have had cysts (some benign, some cancerous or "precancerous" if I remember right) so I'd feel better getting checked.

Wish me luck! I'll try to update tonight.

****UPDATE****

Back from the appointment. The good (?) news is that they couldn't feel it. So hopefully it was something temporary (maybe a blocked duct?) but they're sending me for a mammogram and an ultrasound just in case. I'll feel better when those come back fine. I'll have to call for that appointment tomorrow and hopefully they'll fit me in soon.

Thanks for the well wishes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, and everything else for you for good news.

jodifur said...

good luck. I'm actually posting about this very thing tomorrow.

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Glad for your "good" news. I'll keep you in my prayers while you schedule the testing.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you too, Angie. I enjoyed our visit very much, hopefully you will get the photos from JM soon and post them.
Love you,
Aunt Liz