Thursday, January 24, 2008

Remember Album Covers?

A blogger I read put up a post about album covers along with a meme to make your own. That sounded just too fun so I followed the instructions and made one.

I remember sitting and playing my mom and dad's records after school as a kid. We had the giant headphones to use if we wanted to listen alone, but mostly I remember dancing in the living room to Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, Pink Floyd's The Wall, The Beatles, ABBA, Don McLean and so many more favorites. The only problem with records was that they skipped if I danced too hard.

My vision of heaven when I was about 8 years old was: In heaven the records never skip and you can dance as hard as you want.

So here's my record album cover:


(Photo by Aesthetic Outburst)

And if you want to do this meme (and you know you do!) just follow the instructions below. And leave me a comment so I can come see!

Instructions:
1. The first title on this page is the name of your band.

2. The last four words of the very last quote on this page is the title of your album. Click the "New Random Quotations" button for more.

3. The third picture on this page will be your album cover. You then take the photo and add your band name and the album title to it, then post your picture. Please don't forget to give credit to the copyright holder.

How fun! Two folks have done them and posted in the comments:

Maryellen's album is here.

and this is Liz's:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Here's mine:

My album cover

Maryellen

Anonymous said...

Fun!
i don't have a place to post mine, so I'll email it to you
Liz

Angela said...

These are so cool! I'll add Liz's to this post.

Beck said...

I absolutely love the first one, with all of the blue FP women in a row - completely hilarious.