Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Perspectives

It's late and I don't have time or energy to write up a complete synopsis of this article, but I read this at lunch and found it really interesting. I think the message is to make sure you don't insulate yourself into just hearing from others who think like you do. Read about different perspectives on issues. Don't let yourself fall into just reading those bloggers/newspapers/websites that align with your own views to the exclusion of all else.

This ties in with my current interest in the current Israeli/Palestinian conflict. I'm learning to try to look at different views to try to figure out the real story there. I think if you get down to the level of individuals it's easier to understand both viewpoints whereas if you just look at the entire group/culture/religion/country it's easier to just write them off as a stereotype.

Meh, I'm not making much sense I know. But it's late and I've got to get some sleep. Read the article though. It's really interesting I think.

0 comments: