Monday, June 04, 2007

First real words

Oh, I know he's been saying Mama, Dada and Nana for a while now, but this is a REAL word! AND he really knows what it means. When you turn on the light or he sees a light he points to it and says "ighth." Kind of like "light" without the "l" and with a "th" sound at the end. He's probably been doing this for quite a while, but we just figured it out.

We also thing he's saying "Guh" for Dog. It's like he doesn't say the first sound "duh" But only says the last sound "guh." He's been doing it repeatedly, especially at Benjamin, so we think it's Dog.

We have words! Oh, and he definitely knows "Dada" means Daddy, but not sure if he really knows that I'm the "mama" he keeps saying. It won't be long now though. Last night I was working on "Book." He was really close to getting that too. He's learning stuff so fast! It's so fun!

The top teeth still haven't popped through yet. His top left is really close though. Hopefully it'll come through soon for him.

I think that's about it for the Nicky updates. Donna and I are going to a scrapbooking class tonight, so maybe I'll actually DO something with the 2GB of photos I have on my hard drive. Not sure what I'll do with the 20GB of movies though! And I'm not even exaggerating here. I actually checked this last night. Oy! My computer is filling up too fast!

0 comments: