Thursday, June 29, 2006

He's growing so fast

Well we have two new cool things going on lately.

First we got that really neat Bumbo chair thing, and Nicky loves it! I put several pictures of him in the new chair under Nicky's Photos, but here's my favorite:


The other cool thing is that we've finally found the replacement toys that fit in the exersaucer that we're borrowing from Gayle (we tried replacing the batteries in the old ones but they're soldered in and can't be fixed). So we clicked in the new ones and tried it out. Nicky loves it! He can only stand it for about 10 minutes at a time right now, because it requires a lot of upper body work to hold himself upright, but his little legs and feet have a great time.

(Question for Gayle: Wasn't there something about how high you were supposed to set this? Are they supposed to be able to be flat-footed or only toe-touch?)

Here he is in his new exersaucer:


Anyway, that's the new cool stuff happening at the Mott house. Tom's been sick yesterday and today, but I stayed home with Nicky yesterday and Donna came up to stay with him today (and tomorrow at least, maybe longer). I just got word from my Dad yesterday that he's now officially retired. That feels kind of weird to say my Dad's retired. I guess I'm grown up now or something. I'm hoping he'll get bored fast and have to come visit us soon.

Let's see, on the home front Tom's dad and JM have the property we're staying on up for sale, so we've got to find a new place soon. I'm hoping Tom will feel up to doing some house hunting this weekend. Maybe Donna and/or JM can go with him during the week while I'm at work too.

Can't think of anything else really going on. Next Friday (one week and one day) we have Nicky's 4 month appointment! He gets more shots, and we'll finally find out how much this boy weighs! I'm also going to ask if we can start him on some cereal for one meal a day. He's so interested in watching us eat I think he might be ready for it. I'll give you the blow by blow after his appointment. I might not be able to post it till Monday though. I usually update here during lunch or after work because my stupid dial-up connection is just soooo slow at home! Have I mentioned that dial-up sucks?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angela,

Since it is hard for him to hold his upper body up in the excersaucer, why dont you try putting a small pillow behind his back. It will help hold him in place. That's what we did with Colin.

Love you guys!
Gayle