Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The 6 week Post Partum visit

Well lookey here! Two posts in one day! I forgot to mention my doctor's visit yesterday evening. I'd been having some weird pain and they had me come in Tuesday late instead of waiting till Friday. Works for me!

I found out that my iron level is FINALLY normal and I can stop taking the iron. YAY!
My blood pressure is textbook perfect at 120/80. YAY!
AND best of all, I've lost all the baby weight AND an extra 10 pounds on top of that! YAHOO! Now if I can keep that up that would be wonderful! I get to stay on the Metformin, which I'm sure is helping in that department.
I got my prescription for birth control pills, which will help with the PCOS symptoms and hopefully keep my ovaries nice and clear. THEN we can start trying to conceive again in November! :) We'll try for 9 months on our own, just using the metformin and temping to see if I'm ovulating. If it's not working though we'll go back to the doctor for the clomid treatment. I'm so excited! November doesn't seem far away at all! My doctor only thinks I'm a little crazy, but hey, I'm running out of time here! AND heck, I get to go back to work! Tom's the one who'll be home with two babies in diapers. :) And he's fine with it, really.

As for that weird pain, the doctor's worried it could possibly be a hernia, but he doesn't think so yet. Just wants us to keep an eye on it for now. And he's absolutely thrilled at how well I healed at the incision site. Having my own personal nurse paid off. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Good!

Love you bunches and bunches!

xxxooo Grandmomma/Mom