Sunday, April 09, 2006

The last bottle...


The last 2 days I pumped like a fiend, every 1.5-3 hours for 15 minutes each to try to get my supply up, but am down to 10-15ml total for both sides each session. I still can't get Nicky to latch on. And apparently it is not yet possible for me to get out of the house in the morning yet to go anywhere so I missed both the LC luncheon on tuesday and the LLL meeting this morning. So I finally gave Nicky the last bottle of expressed milk today (the one that took about 24-48 hours to fill).

I am really disappointed that breastfeeding was so difficult for us, and I'm really hoping I can line up a better support system for it next time (like actually GO to LLL meetings Before the birth). But I'm also not too upset over my decision. He got all the initial colostrum and all I could pump for those first 3 weeks. That will just have to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did wonderfully and I am so proud of you. I will call you this----xxxoooMom:)

Anonymous said...

First of all, let me just say that this picture is unbelievable! YOu have to frame it.

I am SO proud of you for being so patient and trying so hard on this. THings happen for a reason, and now you will be able to share in the magic of looking into your sons eyes while he eats and drifts peacefully off to sleep, full and satisfied.

He got the most important stuff anyways, and todays formulas are amazing. Good effeort mommy!