Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's back to work I go!

Well we haven't fallen off the face of the earth, but without a camera and new pictures burning a hole in my virtual pocket I'm just not even on the computer hardly at all these days. I'm still keeping up the blog though. I think it's a neat way to keep in touch with everyone at the same time.

Well, Nicky went on his second trip. This was shorter since we only drove to Tampa, but he was still a little angel! He got to visit his Nana and we stayed at her house. He sort of slept a little bit in his snuggle nest between Tom and I, but not very much so I was pretty blitzed by the end of the weekend. Lucky me though, starting Sunday night, since I was returning to work, Tom was the one in charge of all the night feedings! I'm still Nicky's bed of choice and sleep in my recliner with him on me, but at least I don't have to stay awake long when he starts fussing. :) So Nicky had a nice visit with Nana, and then attended his first birthday party! Colin, our godson, turned three officially on April 4th, but they kindly put off the birthday bash until Nicky was old enough to attend. Nicky mostly slept through the festivities, but he was still a big hit. I don't think the birthday boy was jealous though. He informed us all that he "likes him." And the huge mountain of presents seemed to keep him pretty busy too. :)

As I mentioned above, I started back to work on Monday. I'm working in the office on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and working from home on Tuesday and Thursday. I'll keep this schedule for a few weeks (read: as long as I possibly can!) so that the transition back to work isn't too hard. I'm so happy to be back though! Man was I getting bored! Tom is an absolute dream Daddy though and I'm feeling so lucky that he's able to be home with Nicky. Everytime I even imagine having to have Nicky in daycare I get freaked out! How do people do it?? I've just got to make enough money to keep Tom at home and that will be wonderful! I don't worry about Nicky at all, even though I'm so ready to hold him for a few hours when I get home.

Anyway, if Gayle sends me a photo from the birthday party I'll post it. Otherwise I'll just have to either find that darn camera or go buy one! This is crazy!

0 comments: