Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Gigantababy

Ok, we got a new measurement today at our BPP. He's measuring between 35-37 weeks now (and I'm now 34 weeks) and he weighs an estimated 6 pounds 3 ounces! Yikes! All I can think about is that his HEAD is measuring 37 weeks right now. I believe it was his femur length that was measuring 35 weeks and Abdomen was also 37 weeks. He's going to be a fat, hairy, short genius baby. :) Sounds like he's taking after his momma.

Other than getting the new measurements, we saw him do lots of movement, lots of practicing his fetal breathing, and even got a few pictures. Not very good ones, but two sort-of profile shots and a nice testicular shot for you all. :) I'll get them up on here soon since I'm getting dial-up internet TOMORROW!! YAY! I can't believe I'm looking forward to getting dial-up, but it's a heck of a lot better than having NO internet!

At the OB appointment everything went fine. My blood pressure was 110/70 which is very impressive! My weight hasn't changed even though Nicky is up almost a pound, so that sounds pretty good to me. Guess watching my carbs is a good thing huh? My iron level is still anemic, it was only 31 when it needs to be above 35, but it has improved since last time, last time it was only 27. So I'll keep doing my iron pills and hopefully that will help.

I get to start taking the Metformin again. YAY! I think that will really help with my blood glucose levels. I've been doing pretty well, but they're still not down where they want them so we'll try the Met first before we do insulin. I think that the Met will work just fine for me. I don't actually think I have gestational diabetes, I think it's just the insulin resistance I've always had and it's only finally worrying someone because I'm pregnant now. I'll still be following the meal plan though and monitoring my levels, because hey, it's fun to bleed right? :)

Speaking of bleeding, I noticed the other day that it was really starting to hurt to take my blood glucose and that I was bleeding quite a bit after doing the stick. I was getting a little worried that I was becoming somehow more sensitive or something (after all I am on a baby asprin a day and could be low on clotting stuff) but then I noticed that the darn sticker was set to the deepest level! LOL! I've been poking myself too deep with the sticker thingy. I set it back down to the middle level and it doesn't hurt anymore. Whew. That's better.

Well, I guess that's about it. I'm really feeling like I have a good chance of having this baby in February or early March now. I'm just hoping to make it to the baby shower still pregnant at this point. Tom's working on getting Nicky's room painted and then Donna (Tom's mom and Nicky's Nana) will be coming up to look at getting new carpet and a border for his room. It's going to be so cute!

AND can I just reiterate, I'm getting INTERNET access tomorrow!! I'm so excited!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, was the aspririn ordered by your doctor? That won't help the lower iron count. I have never heard of aspririn being given to pregnant women. Please explain.
Thanks---xxooMom:)

Anonymous said...

New carpet has lots of chemicals including fromaldahyde(sp?). I'm glad your blood pressure is so low. Jodi and I (and Mom) are on diets and have lost about 10lbs each. Can't wait to see you at the shower!

Anonymous said...

You know, I hear March 6 is a really great birthday :)

Anonymous said...

OK- I am going to put this into perspective for you. Colin Weighed 6 pounds 3 ounces when I took him home! Gigatababy is right! I would DEFINATLEY have that epidural on standby just in case! Ouch! And I am not buying you anything sized 0-3 months- thats for sure!
I love you!
Gayle