Thursday, August 04, 2005

An ode to willpower

Oh tasty, yummy, sugary treat
That Tom stirred up for us to eat,
That sumptious double chocolate batch
of exquisite brownies with milk to match.

"Oh no," said I as the brownies cooled,
and as my sister stared and drooled
over a 9 by 13 pan of chocolate cake
brownies my spouse had decided to make.

He offered galantly the spoon
to me for licking, I should swoon
or shake a leg for the other room
for raw eggs are not for me till June.

I said, "No way, no how, I think
I'll put that spoon right in the sink!"
I did it too, I do declare,
And tasted none of that chocolate there.

I felt quite good about this act
but soon my will began to crack
as a lovely scent o'erpowered me then
of chocolate baking, oh heavenly sin!

But I must think about my plan,
and maintain my militant sugar ban
to hold at bay those delicate sweeties
that could lead to preggo diabetes.

I'm happy to say I made it through
the entire evening and this morning too,
and didn't have even one small bite
of that chocolatey, sinful, brownie delight.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Angie! That is such a cute poem! I am proud of you for not having the brownies and think your hubby should look up some recipes for desserts without sugar for both of you to enjoy :)! xxooMom