Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I thought I was going to be lucky, but....

Ok, I might just have to admit it now. I've had three days straight of feeling nauseated pretty much all day. I thought it was just a fluke, but it might actually be morning sickness. (Just not limited to mornings!) No actually puking yet, but we'll see if I stay away from the porcelin goddess much longer. It seems like eating helps for about 30 minutes, but them it comes back. (As long as it doesn't come back UP I'll be ok.)

So now that I've told everyone I can think of about the pregnancy after our wonderful ultrasound yesterday, and went around today at work showing my little Blobby Mott to everyone (named in honor of Chelsea who acknowledged it's striking resemblence to an actual blob) I'm just going to have to try and settle down back to work. Except that this 'baby brain' thing seems to have more truth behind it than I thought! I've seem to be dropping stuff constantly, making a mess when trying to pour myself something to drink, and keep forgetting what I'm doing in the midst of doing it! I think being pregnant gives you ADD! ;)

Well I'm happy anyway. Every symptom, even the morning sickness, is just confirmation that this whole thing actually WORKED and we're really going to have a baby! Who'd of thought!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be just fine! You don't have ADD, you are going to be a mother! :) Nothing tops that! xxooMom

Anonymous said...

Carefull about the nick names Sweetie. Your Daddy got the moniker "Buzzy" shortly after birth (courtesy of your Aunt Janice) becaure she was too young to pronounce "Brother". If this is a boy I can see him bearing the nickname "Blobby" forever. It might work as a nickname for a girl too come to think of it.

Love,
Daddy

Anonymous said...

That's funny, I was just telling Mark this morning that I got to see a picture of your baby blob! I think Blobby is kinda cute.
xxoo
Aunt Lizzy

Anonymous said...

I pretty sure at this point that the baby has no idea you are calling he or she Blobbly! I dont see it as any different than the fact that most people call the baby "it" until birth!

OH- And I hate to say I told you so... but....

You know I love you!
Gayle