Thursday, June 03, 2010

Just a quickie update

I owe you photos I know, but I wanted to let you know we're home. The girls gained really well the night I had them in the room. Lily is up to her birth weight of 6lb 2oz and Gabi is one oz up from her birth weight at 6lb 7oz. They were discharged Tuesday around 12:30 and then we headed up for my follow up OB visit. I think I have a great picture of my OB with the girls, but it's still on the camera. Will get to that when I can.

Oh, and the NICU nurse painted Lily's toenails a pale pink. I wasn't very happy about that I admit. It will make it easier to keep track of who is who, BUT I really wanted to check on that with the pediatrician first. Their little nails are so porous and there are all sorts of chemicals in there. But what can I do now? I certainly don't want to take nail polish remover to them!

So back to the real world I come. Well, sort of. I'm still on maternity leave of course, so don't have to worry about work. But back to my house, my family, my bills (ugh), and grad school.

I've missed two weeks of classes now, but I'm starting to feel like we're getting our legs under us at this point and I should be able to get back in the swing of things for next week.

Of course, my mom has been here though, and she'll be leaving this weekend sometime. We'll see how we handle running this ship on our own for sure then! She's done a great job keeping us fed and running the routine household chores as well as helping watch Nicky and help with the girls too. I'm so grateful for her help!

Well, it's already 1:40am and the next feeding will be between 2:30 and 3:30, so I better try to grab an hour or so while I can. I plan to do this feeding so that Tom can function at getting Nicky to school and stuff tomorrow.

The girls are already 2 weeks old! Time flies.

0 comments: