Friday, April 23, 2010

Big girls in there, BIG girl out here!

We had our weekly biophysical profile (BPP) yesterday and an OB appointment. I was 31 weeks and 6 days along, and yet both girls were measuring at 33 weeks 6 days. Nearly two weeks ahead! Figuring in their head circumferences, abdominal circumferences and femur lengths, which were different for each of them, they are estimated to weigh 4lbs 11oz and 4lbs 12oz! So very close! And so very BIG!

Baby B (who we usually refer to as Gabriella) was transverse (side to side) with her spine up and head to my right. She posed for two nice profile shots.
4-22-2010

Baby A (who we usually refer to as Lilianna) was not nearly as cooperative. For the last 3 or more weeks she's been head down, face towards my back and feet up by my left ribs. She wasn't going to pose for us, so we have this shot of...well...the back of her head I guess.
4-22-2010

Both did all their tricks and scored the full 8/8 on the BPP. Then we headed over to the OB. He increased the insulin to 28 units, but still only once a day. We'll see how that works. My numbers are much better than before, but still could go down more. He also would like me to keep my feet up. They're so swollen! So I'm trying to get approval to work from home starting in May. The request has to get signed by several people though, so hopefully it gets approved, and approved in time! May is just a week away.

Oh, and speaking of May, we scheduled the c-section! If they don't come earlier then the girls will be born on May 28th. I've changed the widget on this page to reflect that date. That's only 5 weeks away!

Think we'll make it that far? Well here are the last two belly pics.

30 weeks:
Photobucket

32 weeks:
Photobucket

And the new comparison pictures:
Photobucket

Can I get any bigger??

4 comments:

Jann said...

So exciting Angela...have to admit, I am a bit jealous! 5 weeks is so soon! Yikes!

Angela said...

LOL Jann, I think you're the first person to say she's jealous. Usually they just think I'm in for a lot of trouble!

I'm trying not to wish the next few weeks away, but I admit I'm really really uncomfortable all the time now. Funny in a way, because I was never really uncomfortable like this with Nicky. But oh I'm feelin it now!

LP said...

Those are some great weights for those girls! And yay for having your scheduled c-section date! It will be here before you know it. It's hard not to wish the time away. Will our backs ever be the same?!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Angie! Looking great! Ok, the little ones are getting big really fast now----hang in there for a bit longer, Sweetie! Love you bunches and bunches!!! xxxooo Mom
p.s. what I noticed most on the two pics of you are that in the first one you have a nice smile on your face and the second one---well---not a smile exactly... :)