Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tourist destination? Not this week.



Hmm, so basically Florida isn't the place to be for the next 5 days.

Tom and I had planned to go to FSU for orientation this Thursday. But with all the uncertainty about Tropical Storm Fay we don't feel comfortable traveling and leaving Nicky. Aw well. Saves gas money!

My mom has been visiting us for the last week and it's been really wonderful having her here. She and Nicky are enjoying each other's company and he'll sure miss her when she goes. Liz is at a seminar in Orlando for the week. I'm pretty sure she hadn't counted on having a view of a tropical storm from her hotel room, but I guess it's complimentary along with a continental breakfast. I'm sure she'll be fine, but hopefully her seminar won't be interrupted by a power outage.

So far UF is open and I'm working as normal. I'm really hoping to have Wednesday or Thursday off though. I might still take Thursday as a personal day even though we're not traveling. It would be nice to have a day to spend with my mom before she goes and I'm still nervous about Fay, even though everyone else seems pretty lackadaisical around here. I know it's not hurricane strength, but that's a lot of rain, and you never know about tornadoes. I remember all too well Jeanne and Frances in 2004 and going days without power!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammie is having a "great" day today with her grandson, Nicky!!! :)
xxxooo :)