Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ok, so the real news of the week

I promise this is a much shorter post!

The big news from the last few days is that both Tom and I were accepted into the MLIS Graduate program at Florida State University. We're starting in the Fall.

So now, we're applying for financial aid and hoping for some grants. We already have enough loans to last our entire lives, so free money would really be nice. (When isn't it though)

So it's a two year program and when we're done we hope to find positions as librarians in the same library somewhere. We love working with each other, so it would be nice to work in the same place. (Hmm, kind of like how we started out: working together at the movie theater where we met.)

Oh, and by the way, last week when Nicky was at the library picnic they snapped a photo of him:
Nicky looks thrilled to be at the spring picnic.

8 comments:

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

What cutie! I love the shades!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones! I am so happy about your future educational and work plans! So
proud of all your endeavors as a family----my wonderful children!!!
Love you all bunches and bunches---and missing you all very, very much---
xxxoooMom/Grandmomma :)

jodifur said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I too love the shades.

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

BTW, I was sooo distracted by your super-darling little guy that I forgot to tell you... Congratulations on Grad school! I'm excited for you and your husband. Graduate school is a goal of mine, also... I just think it is going to be a ways down the road. You are embarking on quite an adventure of juggling home, work AND school. It is going to be tough, but WELL worth it in the end! Good for you both!

the.effing.librarian said...

hi, angela. thanks for saying hi.

Anonymous said...

Angie thanks for the quick fillet-a-fish how to. It's something I rarely have to do, but when I do, I find that I've forgotten how. Dad's showed me at least two times since I left home, but if my neighbor brought me a fish today, I would have forgotten again. Now I can always watch your video to remind me of how to fillet the Purdy way(which is of course the Right way)
Love,
Aunt Liz

Angela said...

Glad my fish fillet how-to video helped. I'll have to do a blog post on that episode. I'm still surprised I didn't lose at least one finger. I definitely recommend having a sharper knife!