Monday, October 23, 2006

More milestones!

Nicky is getting better and better at eating his fruit puffs. We'll keep practicing, but he's started staring at me when I'm eating and then starts chewing. And now when he gets a puff in his mouth he'll look at me and start chewing on it with his gums (where his molars will eventually be).

We had a great weekend. He and I played in his room (which actually might end up being Tom's and my room instead) on the floor. He isn't really 'crawling' yet, but he's moving around quite a bit! I put a video of it on the movies page (link to your right).

Then he and I spent Sunday together while Daddy worked on the house. We practiced using the sippy cup, which he thinks is great fun, and practiced our puffs. I clicked some cute pictures of him in his exersaucer (see the October photos for those).

Later we watched the Sesame Street baby movie his Nana picked out for him. He loves it! After that we invented a new game. Mommy bounces her fingers off her mouth while making a noise (think of the sounds you made playing cowboys and indians when you were a kid "woo woo woo woo") then Mommy gently (of course) bounces her fingertips over Nicky's mouth (that he opens up for this purpose) and he makes sounds. Then we giggle. It's great fun! I'll have to catch it on video tonight!

After that we went to see Daddy and have dinner with Grandma and Grandpa. We ended up at the Blue Highway in Micanopy because Sonny's was packed! But the Blue Highway was just right and Nicky gets a lot of attention there since we'd been going there all during my pregnancy.

Oh, I just have to tell you about another dinner though! On Friday Nana came to visit and we all went to On the Border (where we had much better service this time by the way) and Nicky was uncharacteristically demanding. (He was hungry.) I started his bottle and his apples, but he was still grabbing for everything else. We decided to give him a lemon wedge to play with. (I had taken out all the seeds.) You know, we were looking forward to seeing quite a funny face, so I put the wedge down on the table in front of him and had Daddy's camera phone ready to go. Well you can see for yourself in the October photos that he didn't make any faces! He just sucked away on that lemon for a good 3 minutes! Do babies even have sour taste buds yet?

One last thing. Last night we stopped by the house to pick up Tom to take him to dinner and Nicky pulled himself to standing on his carseat (which was sitting on the floor with me holding it steady). He did it again several times this morning on the big bed with daddy (who was not wearing a shirt and now is short several chest hairs...ouch!) I'll have to get a video of this too! I have a feeling he might be cruising in the new house before he gets around to crawling!

0 comments: