Wednesday, January 18, 2006

30 week appointment yesterday

Well, yesterday I went in for my "30 week visit." Ok, you and I both know that I'm really due on March 30th. Heck, we know the day I ovulated and that's the date indicated by my first ultrasound at 6 weeks, which is the most accurate ultrasound. But for my OB he's going by my second ultrasound around 10 weeks, and saying I'm due on March 27th. Whatever right? Anyway, I went and had an ultrasound done by the tech there. It was, again, pretty awful compared to my level 2 ultrasounds. We did get a DVD this time though, although you STILL can't see much on it. BUT I did learn how to do a screen capture last night! YAY! As soon as I get home tonight I'll put pics up from yesterday's u/s and from the first level 2 ultrasound from 17 weeks. How exciting!

I only gained 2 pounds in the last 3 weeks, so I suppose that's pretty good. I went from 32cm to 39cm though which is pretty funny to me. On the ultrasound they estimated his gestation at almost 31 weeks! (30 weeks 5 days) So even Nicky seems to buy into this whole, we're going into labor before the 30th thing. Sheesh! I suppose I ought to be ready for him anytime in March now just in case, but I have so much to do! Yikes! Even if he does come on March 30th that's only 10 weeks and 1 day away!!

Tom's working like mad to get the trailer ready. I can't wait to move over there and start getting ready for the baby. It's going to be great!

Let's see, heartbeat was 140, my next appointment is in 2 weeks on February 1st. Oh, and just to be on the safe side I'm going in for a Biophysical Profile on that day and probably weekly thereafter. These are basically 20 minute ultrasounds that check on the baby to make sure he's moving, has enough fluid, is practicing his fetal breathing, etc. So he's being well monitored, which makes me feel great!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you March 27th!

xxoo:)