Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Busy day! Banned and Got Results Back all in one day!

Wow, so much to post today!
First I had a wonderful time visiting my Mom, Elizabeth and Jodi! It was so nice being all fussed over by them! Liz even made me a beautiful little pregnant flower fairy! I'll have to post a pic when I get the chance! Jodi gave me a super wonderful big jewelry box for me to stash my stuff! And Mom gave me some neat lounging clothes, pj's and some comfy shoes. I think my feet have grown already! Thank you guys for the wonderful visit!

Next, I've finally officially been banned from FF. Got a message this am at 10:03 saying my siggy was removed for having a link in it to my blog (Which by the way is ENTIRELY about my pregnancy and ttc journey. NOT an advertisement as they insinuate in their form letter.) Then I got another message at 10:06 am (Yep, only three minutes later) saying I was banned. Oh they put in all their legal-speak, but it means banned. I got my TTC chart off there long ago, but I can't see anything anymore otherwise. Too funny! So I'm officially joining the bad girl club! It was worth it though! Tons of views on that last post and I think anyone who was interested in coming over had a good chance to find their way. Yay for the Freedom Board!

My last news isn't as nice, but I'm really trying to stay positive about it. After I got my nice banning letter from FF, Tom went to listen to our answering machine message. It was my OB. He left me the office number AND his cell phone number (wow!) in case I called after 5pm. I figured it was serious, and I did just have my quad screen done on Friday am so I was pretty sure it was about that.

He said my screen came back as increased risk for Trisomy 18 and he's having his nurse schedule me for the Level 2 ultrasound tomorrow morning. (Not getting it tomorrow, just scheduling it. Probably for this week or next week.) He told me that it wasn't diagnostic and yada yada yada, but I told him I was on this support group online of March moms and that so many of them had gone through the same thing so I knew what to expect and wasn't too worried.

I'm really trying to focus on how wonderful it will be to have this extra-long U/S on a good machine, and I think that helps me not worry. Also after seeing so many of my buddies in the March Due Dates group get these kinds of results and seeing everything turn out just fine has me feeling pretty good about my chances.

Poor Tom though! He immediately looked over my shoulder to see what I wrote down and googled Trisomy 18 before I even got off the phone. He is so worried now. I have told him the baby is probably fine and shared how so many women in my support group have had the same thing. I told him that they'd be checking on the level 2 for certain markers, and that even if they do find them it still isn't a diagnosis and we'll just do the amnio in that case. I feel worse about him being worried than I feel about the test itself.

If you guys want to scare yourselves silly you can google Trisomy 18, but I really wish you wouldn't. At least not yet. Just keep thinking good thoughts and I'll post more as soon as I know more. I love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Angie,
I join you with positive thoughts and prayers. Remember these tests are usually false positive.
I love you,
xxooMom :)

Angela said...

Thanks Mom! I knew I could count on you!

Just you guys watch out for that hurricane Wilma though! If it stays on the track it's on maybe you better come visit me sooner than later! That looks a lot like the path Charley took last year. But I don't remember him being a Category 5!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the hurricane for us right now. We are getting 'mightily' ready at this very moment. Jodi doesn't have a bad feeling about this storm or we would evacuate. Instead, we will stay put
with all the preparations in place before the weekend comes. Only worry is :o! Liz wants me to stay in her closet again with everyone and the three little dogs too! Jodi's parents and their little poodle will be here with us---that will be difficult as serenity will be out the window from the get-go for sure.
I will have to think a little more about the situation at hand. You, Tom and Jessie need to make plans too as these storms in October can easily crisscross the state. Keep advised about tornados and if power goes out head for JM's place. Always err on the side of safety! I love you! xxxooo:) Mom