Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Giddy up!

Darn it. I know I'd thought of an entire blog post to write, but Tom and I just got back from watching Harry Potter 6 and damn if I can remember now. I'm all full of Voldemort, muggles and teen romance.

How about this.

Tom and I are getting back up on that horse. Yes, THAT one. The one that hopefully will result in a cute little sibling for Nicky. Clomid starts tomorrow and then ovulation testing starts next week and continues till I run out of tests. (We made sure to buy the big box of them.) When the tests indicate it might be a good time to get busy we'll instead call up my doctor and go in for an ultrasound. See, he really doesn't want me to have a litter, and I have to agree, so we're checking out the ovaries just to make sure they don't go haywire and kick out a baker's dozen eggs. As long as everything looks good we'll get the go-ahead to see if we can get lucky.

Of course I'll be posting info here as things happen. That's just how I am. All over-share-y like that.

So yes, that's my master plan. Work full time, grad school full time, married with a 3 year old and let's get me knocked up too. That should just about do it. Don't you think? I like to feel like I'm really multi-tasking.

Seriously though. I am really looking forward to it. I've wanted to be pregnant again since I was lying on that operating table with my insides all out and getting stitched up after the c-section. I wasn't kidding when I asked my OB at that moment how my ovaries looked and if they looked ready to go again. It's been over 3 years. Let's get this show on the road!

Oh, and just for the record, yes, I did figure out in my head what the due date would be if we did get lucky this cycle. It would be April 20th.

0 comments: