Saturday, November 29, 2008

Playground photos & Thanksgiving

Photobucket

JM brought over photos of Nicky that she took at the playground of him. This was back when Tom and I were still recovering from our stomach flu, but we were out of the hospital. He has a ball at this playground. They have three separate playsets, one for 1-3 year olds, one for 4-8 year olds, and one for 8-12 year olds. (or something along those lines)

Well Nicky doesn't pay any attention to those age designations. He loves climbing all over all the sets. JM got a few photos of him coming down the really big slide and climbing up on the big playset. He's getting so big.

He also loves the merry go round, even when it's going really fast with the bigger kids.

I do have to say though, taking him to the playground is exhausting. I imagine that at some point you can sit on a bench and just watch them play. But right now he still doesn't know to watch where he's running. So you have to follow him around to make sure he doesn't run right under the swings or in front of a slide. I wonder how old they have to be before they learn to look out for things like that?

We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving this year. Just us, Grandpa and Grandma. Tom did the Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. JM took care of the bread and dessert. They worked on the stuffing together. And I made sweet potato fries and green bean casserole. Oh, and cranberry sauce of course. (You know, the canned kind. Yum!)

Nicky ate rolls and cranberry sauce. That was it. I tell you, Nicky's not much of an eater anymore. We fondly remember the good old days when he'd eat anything we were having. Not any more! In fact, yesterday he ate cheerios in milk for all three meals of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Adorable!!! I love looking at his pictures---thanks, JM!!! :)
God bless him, he is so adorable!!!
I just looked at most his latest movies again just now---I really love when he is singing and reading his scary book---and saying "the end!" so cute!!!
Miss you all bunches and bunches!!!
xxxoooMom/Grammie :)

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that I feel somewhat vindicated by the fact that he ate the same meal that Colin did for thanksgiving? OK- I am lying- Colin ate 3 rolls and then grabbed a Go-gurt from the fridge- but still... I have always been so jealous of Nickys eating habits to the point of my feeling inadequate! But seriously- Glad he is doing so well and growing up so hansome!

Gayle