Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Great Gallstones Batman!

Gallstones. What a pain in the stomach. And the back.

I had horrible stomach and back pain over the weekend. I threw up with the first bout of it on Saturday morning. So of course I had to take a pregnancy test. You know, just in case. But it was negative. I had another attack, even worse, on Sunday afternoon. After about 3 hours of constant pain I couldn't take it anymore and made Tom take me to the ER. JM came to watch Nicky, and about a mile from the ER the pain stopped. We still sat in the ER for 3 hours, but then decided that since I wasn't in acute pain they'd probably send me home on clear liquids and tell me to see my doctor in the morning. So I did that myself. Monday morning I went to the doctor. They suspected my gallbladder so sent me for an ultrasound Tuesday morning. I couldn't eat OR drink from 8pm Monday until the ultrasound. TORTURE! Today I went for the ultrasound. Yep. Gallstones. So now what? I have a call into my regular doctor to see what to do next. I'm afraid to eat because of the pain, but I have to eat or I'll die. So Tom's finding things with no fat for me to eat. BORING! But no pain so that's good.

Ok, so enough about ME.

Well not really. I also got a check in the mail Monday after my doctor's visit for $505.00. Sweet right? NOT. It was from my homeowners insurance company canceling me. WTF? Apparently they sent their inspector here (although they don't know when) and the notes say:
"fence in disrepair" (Big fat lie! It was fixed before Halloween so that we could move in with our dogs.)
"dryrot" (Hello. It's a concrete block house!)
"crack in exterior" (There is, but it is purely cosmetic according to the REAL inspection we had done on the house before we bought it. AND Tom has patched it anyway!)

They say they sent us a list of these things on December 9th. (Never got anything from them!) And they canceled us on January 3rd. Lovely. So now I've called my mortgage company and insurance agent. They're working on getting us another insurance company which we all know is SOOO easy in Florida. RIGHT! HA! Quite annoying and it will probably cost us a lot more than that check they sent. Grrr.

Oh, and also the car has started making horrendous noises from the transmission. Lovely. Tom thought maybe it just needed fluid, but we checked and it's full. So we'll have to go to the auto place. Just peachy.

Ok, now enough about me. Really.

My mom is in the hospital. Her wound started looking funny again and Liz took her right away. They've admitted her for observation for 24 hours. Hopefully it's all ok, or something they can just give her antibiotics for. I'm hopeful they don't have to reopen the wound.

And just to make everyone's day, check out the new movies I put up last night and this morning. A three part topless spaghetti extravaganza! That was taken last Thursday. He required a bath after that meal. Here he is after the bath:


I love combing his hair all up after his bath. He reminds us of Heat-Mizer from that old Christmas claymation TV movie with Cold-Mizer and Heat-Mizer. Let me see if I can find a picture online of that:

0 comments: