Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Finally, last week is OVER

Actually looking back, everything turned out fine. But man, I do NOT want a repeat of last week!

The three parties at work all went great! Two of them were holiday parties and there are photos up online here: http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/pio/2006_hol_parties.pdf

That's me in the first picture with my friend Margeaux. (Hint: she's a little bit slimmer than I am. LOL!) You can see the decorations we did and everyone having a good time and lots of food! The Evening party just had a few tables of finger foods and chairs, while the daytime potluck had a lot of food in a buffet and several tables for sitting down to eat.

The party I coordinated but did not attend on Friday went well too. There are a few photos from that also but here's the one of the table pre-party: http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/pio/staff/food.jpg
I think it looks great!

AND last, but definitely MOST is that my mom made it through the surgery! We won't know everything until the pathology is back, but the doctors say the surgery went well and they didn't "see" any cancer outside of the female organs they removed. Hopefully they got it all. We should know more soon. She's already at home recuperating, although she is still in a lot of pain. My sister's work is being awesome and letting her take this week off to take care of mom, so I came home on Tuesday. Nicky was so happy to see me! And I was just loving holding him all evening!

Anyway, that's about it. I'll have to get more pics up soon so that my mom has LOTS to look at!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Angie's sister Liz. I just wanted to let everyone know that we got the results of Mom's pathology report. The cancer was determined to be stage 1-b. Which means it was contained within the uterus and she most likely will not require any follow up treatment! God is Good(& he does answer prayers)!