Friday, May 19, 2006

My First Mother's Day

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What a face!
This was the little cutie I got to sit next to for our Mother's Day Brunch that Tom created for us. He was all dolled up in his 3-6 month outfit with a little hat and everything! AND he sat in his high chair with us at the table. He seems to really enjoy sitting at the table with everyone during meals now. I guess that means no more eating in front of the TV and computer...

Tom outdid himself for my first Mother's Day! I got two cards, well actually three because Tom gave me a "just because" card on Saturday and then I received a card from Nicky and another one from Tom on Sunday. You wouldn't believe all the bath goodies I got! I think there are three different scents of bodywash and foot spa stuff and bath gloves...Now if I can just get some time IN the bath I'm set! :) But best of all Tom and Nicky bought me a ring! Tom's actually getting it sized right now so that I can hopefully wear it next week. It's so pretty...white and yellow gold with three diamonds. I'm going to wear it for my wedding band I think. You know, you can never go wrong with jewelry!

Nicky was so cute for everyone. We had my mom and sister Elizabeth come for the weekend and Jessica came by and spent Saturday night with us. Saturday we celebrated Elizabeth's birthday a little early and Tom made a delicious dinner of Ropa Vieja and saffron rice. Yum! Marble cheesecake was our dessert. Not quite a birthday cake, but I don't think anyone minded.

For brunch, Tom made eggs, bacon, and sausage. Then we also had bagels with cream cheese, smoked salmon, cucumber, tomato and onion. AND watermelon, cantelope and pineapple. We would have had honeydew too but it was a yicky one...fruit's a gamble you know. Tom's dad and J.M. came over for brunch and we had quite the feast! And Nicky sat at the table the whole time as cute as can be!

My mother and Elizabeth gave me a bag full of goodies for Mother's Day too. And Jessica gave me a super sweet card. All in all it was a really lovely day! After we get a chance to give Tom's mom her Mother's day stuff (she's coming soon, but has been sick. Poor Nana!) I'll be able to share what Nicky and I did for his Grandmothers for Mother's Day! But it's still a secret right now, so Shhhh!

Now I've just gotta figure out how to do this well with Father's Day! Yikes!

0 comments: