Monday, May 15, 2006

Long time no post...

Well, that was a long time to wait for a post! We've really got to get a new camera so that we can take more pics. Sharing photos is what really gets me online here!

Well, Nicky had his 2 month pediatrician appointment on Friday. He was exactly 8 weeks old and has he grown!

Weight: 13 pounds, 6 ounces (90th percentile)
Length: 22 1/2 inches (50th percentile, but we don't think they stretched his leg out all the way, we measure at least 23 inches at home)
Head Circumference: 39 centimeters

He's a big, healthy baby boy! She said he should be able to skip his middle of the night feeding and sleep for 8 hours a night in his crib. So we started trying this on Friday night. Man am I tired! He's not thrilled to miss that feeding, but he's ok with that. What he is NOT ok with is sleeping in his crib instead of on top of his mommy! We're so exhausted I don't know which way is up right now. But hopefully if we perservere we will have a baby who will sleep in his crib and I can get back to sleeping in a bed instead of an armchair! Bliss!

At his appointment he also got his shots, 5 of them all in a row. Poor baby! He didn't like that one bit! But he quieted right down afterwards when Daddy held him. And he tolerated them fine. Next round of shots will be in another 8 weeks.

Sunday was my first Mother's Day, and it was splendid! Tom and Nicky picked out wonderful gifts, lots of bath goodies to pamper myself with and a very pretty diamond ring! (You just can't go wrong with jewelry!) Tom also cooked a fabulous Mother's Day brunch for me, my mom and J.M. It was super tasty! Tom's mom is down with a virus of some sort and so we'll have to have her over for a Mother's Day dinner sometime later this week when she comes to visit. I tell ya, I have my work cut out for me to make Father's Day this memorable!

I have a few snapshots with Tom's cellphone that I can add on here while we await a new camera. Hopefully I can get one up here later today (IF I can stay awake long enough when I get home!) I'm just so darn tired though, so don't hold your breath, just come back and check!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you all! Thank you so much for a wonderful Mother's Day this year--wonderful! wonderful being a Grandmommie! :)
xxxooo :) Mom/Grandmommie