Sunday, August 21, 2011

Gearing up for a Busy Week (that will hopefully be AMAZING in many ways)

Nicky starts Kindergarten in the morning. I have all his stuff laid out, uniform, supplies, etc. Put him to bed about 8pm.

And it's now 10:30 and he's still awake!

Morning will be interesting.

We're waking at 6:30 to get him ready for school and me ready for work. We'll get the girls up at the last minute and all jump in the car. Then we will be taking Nicky to his first day of school. We'll arrive between 7:15 and 7:45. If we get there earlier it will allow him to eat breakfast. (Not that he hardly ever does, but I always hold out hope.)

We're not sure yet if we'll be able to park and all go in, or if he and I will go in while the girls and Tom wait in the car. But I will definitely take the phone to get photos! We'll also find out what class he's going to be in.

We went to Meet The Teacher Day Friday, but even then they still didn't know what class he'd be in. They're still unsure of their final count and if they'll have 3 full classes or 2 K classes and one combo K-1 class. I think it would be great for him to be a combo class. Well we'll see tomorrow.

College classes start tomorrow too, and with my job that means I'll be really busy in the library!

And then we have super secret exciting stuff going on Tuesday and Wednesday. I promise to update you by Thursday about that. But just send those positive happy thoughts my way Tuesday and Wednesday if you would!

I can't believe he's already starting Kindergarten!

He really wants to ride the school bus, but the stop is two streets away on a busy road. I went to the school board's transportation office to see about having a stop added at the end of our street (the bus passes right by our street within sight of our house). They said they'd look into it. No call came over the weekend but I'll call tomorrow to see what they decided. If they move or add the stop then we might let him ride it on Tuesday. We'll probably follow the bus though that first time. And of course we'd walk him to the bus stop in the mornings and pick him up there in the afternoons. It might be neat for him to ride the bus. But I just can't see making him (and Tom with the girls) walk a couple of blocks across traffic (and I think they'll have to cross that road too in the afternoons from the side with no sidewalks, and no crosswalks).

But we'll all mostly hope that I have fabulous news by Thursday okay? Cause that would be the very best outcome EVER!


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I will be hoping and praying for that good news too!

xxoo
Aunt Liz

Anonymous said...

So glad! Nicky had a great first day!!! Love you bunches and bunches! xxxxxooooo Grammie :)