Monday, April 04, 2011

Returning to the Routine

We just had the girls' PT evaluation today. Looks like Lily is doing pretty well. The only thing they want to watch on her is her rolling her feet in towards the arch when she stands. With Gabi, she rolls her feet too, but their main concern is her asymmetry with her feet. She really is only using her right foot to crawl and always leads with that foot when standing as well. She has the power in her left leg, but for some reason doesn't use it. So we have some exercises to do with her for the next two weeks and then they both go back for a re-evaluation.

Nicky headed back to school today after his spring break. He spent the whole week with Nana! I was worried we'd get a call asking to pick him up, but he did great! Then Saturday he went to Colin's birthday party at an ice skating rink and had a great time. Of course I didn't get any photos, I was lucky to get there at all. I ended up arriving an hour late (luckily Nana dropped him off there for me). I was trying to follow two sets of directions (one to Nana's house and one to the skating rink) and the GPS kept trying to send me all over hell and back. Next time I drive anywhere I'm taking an old fashioned MAP.

Other than that, I suppose things are rather quiet here. We're just trying to settle back into our routine. Tom has a job interview this week so we're very excited about that. It'll be interesting getting the girls into daycare, but we have some ideas we're working on.

Nicky's going back to his Kung Fu class in another hour. I bet he'll sleep good tonight! Hopefully so will the girls. We started putting them down awake at night and letting them cry it out. The first night took about 10 minutes. Not so bad after that. We're also trying it for naps, but right now they're still fussing in there. They are overly tired I think. PT evaluation fell right during bottle/nap time. They were angels during the whole thing though. We must have been there for well over an hour! Now they just had a bottle and need to settle down.

Next we try to wean them off bottles. Now that will be fun. I need to go back through my blog and see what we did with Nicky! I can't remember it at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gogod idea about the map! Miss you all so much! The girls are wonderful and fine -- wonderful Nicky had a wonderful week with Nana--You and Tom are doing a fantasic parenting job!!!
xxxxxoooooGrammie :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry! Spelling mistakes because I am still trying to get use to this new laptop computer keyboard --plus, no mouse! Love you bunches and bunches! :p