Thursday, November 05, 2009

7 weeks 6 days and we still have two healthy babies in there

I'd been a little worried, even though I knew it didn't "mean" anything, because I'd actually not had any morning sickness since Halloween weekend. Which I am completetly grateful for! But still it made me worry a bit.

What a relief it is to see that there are still two little babies in there.

baby2.0,ultrasound,twins

We also got to see and hear both heartbeats. They're both nice and strong!

baby2.0,ultrasound,twins

baby2.0,ultrasound,twins

So lately my only symptoms are utter exhaustion and peeing all the time. Much preferable to nausea! And definitely preferable to puking! I'm hopeful that by continuing to only eat foods that sound and look really appealing will help keep the nausea at bay. And sleeping. I think that the nausea definitely gets worse the more exhausted I am. So I'm trying hard to get at least 8-9 hours a night if at all possible. Especially since I don't really have the opportunity to nap in the middle of the day at work. One afternoon I came home and went straight to bed for a good 2-3 hour nap, that was nice. And this week I actually went to bed at the same time as Nicky, about 8:30 and slept all night for a good 11 hours.

Food cravings haven't really hit, but I have been pretty picky. I'm only eating foods that sound good, and that's mostly been beef, preferably steak or roast beef, spinach, mustard, some cheese, peanut butter and banana sandwiches on whole wheat, milk and whole grain cereals. Really pretty healthy stuff. Well, not the peanut butter probably, but I've not wanted to eat any sweets, candy, ice cream or anything. I think that's really encouraging. Even pasta hasn't really appealed much.

So I'm all on track to have a pretty healthy pregnancy so far. I don't have to see the OB for 4 weeks; I go back December 3rd, and it sounds like he'll do another ultrasound then too. (Yay!) I'll get my Quad Screen and Glucose Tolerance Test around 15 weeks or so.

Oh, I did ask about my belly button. It's just never been the same after my first pregnancy, and particularly after the gall bladder surgery. He said it's a hernia for sure. He said it's no problem for the pregnancy though, and that I can have it repaired after the babies are born. I'm not worried about the cosmetics of it, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem for the pregnancy. So I'll just get that done later on.

And Nicky? He's thrilled about the babies. He talks to them and listens to my tummy to hear them "talking." He's going to be a great big brother! He had a ball Trick or Treating with Colin and another little girl this year. I have photos up under October 2009 in the Photobucket account. Here's my favorite!

Angela,Halloween 2009,Nicky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy about the wonderful check-up on you and the twins, Angie! Actually, shed a few motherly tears of relief. The photo is my favorite also--adorable! :)
Love you bunches and bunches, you are still my pumpkinhead too. xxxoooMom/Grammie :)

Nicole Parker-Durden said...

Angela,this is Nicole Durden, the hernia is nothing as long as it is not bothering you or causing pain. I had a gallbladder surgery 8 yrs ago myself and was diagnosed about 2 yrs ago with twin hernias and the only prob I have from them is looking pregnant when I am not. I am getting them repaired this spring but doc said not to worry as they were not causing pain for me. My belly button also looks unusual due to them.

Congrats on your pregnancy and I wish you all the best to 2 healthy little babies soon.

Angela said...

Hey Nicole. That's good to know! We'd been wondering if the surgery 'broke' my belly button for a while, but as long as it didn't hurt we didn't worry about it. It's good to know what it is now, but I'm trying not to think about it too much. LOL don't want to get myself queasy!