Saturday, October 18, 2008

Wherein I blabber on while trying to avoid writing my paper that is due Tuesday.

Thought I'd let you know I'm finally better. My stomach still isn't quite up to speed, but the fever was gone by Friday and I returned to work Monday. This week was incredibly busy though, both with grad school and with work. Beyond my normal work I'm chairing the Homecoming Float committee for the libraries. This will be the first year the libraries will have a float in the Homecoming Parade.

How did I become chair you might wonder? Simple. I was out for a doctor's appointment for the first meeting. And they elected me chair. Not even kidding.

But it's going to be great. Really. We've come up with a great design, secured a donated flatbed trailer that we'll pick up this Wednesday, and we've been working on all the parts of the float for about two weeks or so. Lots of paper mache is involved, so let's all hope that there is no rain on Friday!

Nicky and I went to the park today while Daddy was off at my inlaws' house taking care of horses and mowing. There were at least two birthday parties there, and tons of kids. Most looked to be about 5-6 years old. Nicky did great and had an absolute ball. I had planned to take him to the pool afterward, but it has closed for the season. Aw well. Next year.

I suppose I ought to start working on my first paper. It should be pretty easy. It's pathetically short (only 1000 words!) and can be on any topic that we've discussed up till now in the semester. Trimming it down to one topic is going to be the hardest part. Ok, really going to start now. Well, right after I check my twitters...and maybe check on my rss feeds...

0 comments: