Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Let's hope the float floats

I did finish that paper on time if you're wondering. Actually I wrote one paper, and then decided on a different theme so wrote an entirely new paper too. Even turned it in a day early. Booyeah!

Now if I can just get my CSS file to work right for my other class. Garhhh!

At work, I've been working this week full tilt on the homecoming float. Today we picked up the trailer and set it up. We got tons done and it's really nearly complete. Tomorrow we just have to go out for a few hours to finalize a few things and wash the towing vehicle.

Friday will be the day from hell though. Have to be there at 7:15am and drive 10mph in a huge truck towing a 16 foot trailer hoping it doesn't all fall apart, for 6 miles. Then we get to the starting spot by 8:30am and have to attach all the parts of the float we're taking separately. The parade starts at noon so we'll have plenty of time to overheat and get exhausted. AND there's about an 80% chance of rain all day. Not even kidding.

It'll be on TV in Gainesville. I hope Tom can tape it for me. And I really hope our paper mache doesn't turn to mush before the start (or end) of the parade.

It looks great though. Really. I'm pretty proud of it. I'll get photos.

3 comments:

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

How did it go? Where are the pictures? Did it rain? Do tell.

Angela said...

I'll post photos as soon as they come in. I'm hoping they have them ready later today.

I think it went really well, even though it totally rained the ENTIRE time.

Longest day ever though. Left the house by 6:45am and didn't get home till about 6pm. My carpal tunnel acted up so badly, along with the weird joint/bone pains I used to get all the time. I was in a lot of pain over the weekend from it. It's finally faded today though. Thank goodness!

Keep an eye out for the photos, I'll post them as soon as they're sent out.

Anonymous said...

Love you all!
Finally! Got to see all the Nicky video's I missed while over with your Grandad.
Looking so forward to going on Vacation with you all very soon now!:)
Love you all bunches and bunches!!!
xxxoooMom/Grammie :)