Sunday, July 24, 2005

No more Temping!

OK, I've finally done it! I've officially stopped taking my temperature every morning. I was driving myself nuts over every fluctuation, and I found out that when you're pregnant your temp is going to naturally fluctuate. So I've put the thermometer away. I still have that one pregnancy test I haven't used yet, so I might just have to try that out this week. Just to have something to look at. :)

J.M. and I had a lovely birthday party today, one day after hers and three days before mine. We had Sonny's BBQ and a watermelon for dessert instead of cake. It was so good! And I really appreciated that they went with something so healthy for me! :) They could have gotten a cake for everyone else, but they didn't, and I think that was wonderfully nice of them!

Tom and I gave J.M. the new Harry Potter book. She loved it! I've only just finished my copy this morning and I can't wait till she and Tom finish it so we can talk about it! It was so good! And I'm not giving out any hints. You are just going to have to read the book!

Dad and J.M. gave me a gift card from Lane Bryant. I'll have to go shopping! I'll make sure to get some things that will stretch with me for a little while. Jessie and I had gone to her maternity store (where she works) and tried on a bunch of stuff. Pants seemed to work ok, but shirts there, even the 3X's were either too tight in the bust or in the arms. And we still don't know what to do about bras. So maybe I'll get pants at Motherhood Maternity and shirts at Lane Bryant. We'll see.

Maryellen came too, and she gave me an adorable photo frame that opens and has room for more photos inside. I can't wait to fill it with baby pictures! Maybe we'll have to get some maternity shots in there soon! And then she also gave us a special frame that has room for a bigger photo on top and then room for a smaller photo for each month of baby's first year. That will look so cute in either my office or our new house.

Speaking of new house, Tom and I are working out what in the world we're going to do to get into a new place. Ideally we'd build on the property, but I really don't think that can happen fast enough. Probably the next best thing is going to be selling the property and buying either a house or buying a lot and a mobile home for it. We'll just have to see. I'm sure it will all work out for the best!

0 comments: