Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

Two fairy princesses and a tarantula went trick or treating tonight. And fir the first time ever Tom and I both went with them.

The girls were precious and Nick was the most courteous spider you ever saw. We just took the girls around the block, then Tom and Nock went around a little more.

Before trick or treat time, we had a pizza dinner and carved pumpkins. We're what you might call last-minute kinds of folks around here.

But we got it all done, and the kids had fun and stated warm. That was a bit of a concern since it was down in the forties. But I found purple and pink tights and shirts, and purple and black pants for the girls to wear under their dresses, and I sewed their wings onto their wool peacoats so they HAD to wear coats to have wings. I thought that was pretty clever.

Nick just had a black hoodie on inside out (so it was fuzzy and solid black) for his top and with the spider hood over that it was enough for him.

I had a hard time getting any good photos, but here we go:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you all had fun!
The costumes are fantastic and so are the jack-o-lanterns!
Love you all bunches and bunches!
xxxxxoooooGrammie:)

Elizabeth said...

Love the tarantula costume! It's so very clever. I'm glad the little ones had fun. I wish I could have been there. Any movies?