Saturday, March 24, 2007

He's ONE!

Well actually he's One year and one week, but it has taken a week to recover from the party. Ok, well from the cleaning that led up to the party anyway.

We had a great party for Nicky. 12 adults and Nicky were in attendance. Nicky said that was just perfect for him. He enjoyed being the center of attention! I have a great video of him getting sung to and digging into his cake. Although we did have a separate guest cake for everyone else to eat. Good thing!

Nicky was very pleased with his gifts. He got tons of cute outfits, books and toys. He's been playing with everything and has already begun chewing on the books. They must be good ones.

I had a wonderful visit from my mom and sisters. We hadn't all be together like that probably since around Mother's day or something so it was really great. My mom is finally healing up from her cancer surgery and will soon be all finished up. She's ready to move on with her life cancer-free! I can't even tell you how wonderful it is to know she's healing well and nearly done with that chapter.

My dad on the other hand is in the hospital with some kind of food poisoning. On the one hand I'm worried about him and hope he's doing well, but on the other hand I have my thumbs in my ears waggling my fingers at the restaurant with the misfortune to poison a former FDA/CDC liaison. They are in SOOOO much trouble!! Having gone through E-coli myself I am glad my dad will really stick it to the establishment that got him sick. I was in no condition to fight back and I doubt the hospital I went to in Memphis even reported my case. But this time I know justice will be done and that place will clean up their act!

As for me, I'm all healed up from my gall bladder surgery, but this darn heart thing (which went away fro nearly 2 weeks) is back full force today. It's soooo annoying! It's like having an adrenaline rush every minute or so and makes me so edgy! I'm guessing it is stress related since I was under some stress today. Today I had to drive from Tampa to Gainesville and I hate driving! Especially on the interstate. But the reason I had to drive today was a good one! Tom's mom just gave us her old minivan! She's gotten a new vehicle and rather than trade in her caravan she's giving it to us! I'm so excited to have a second vehicle, and a minivan at that! It's just perfect for our needs with Nicky and the dogs and the better gas mileage and everything. Woohoo! So I'm willing to put up withe the heart thing a bit in exchange for getting a new car. It's a good trade-off. But I hope the heart thing is gone tomorrow!

0 comments: